Our Work – Doorstep Homeless Families Project
Doorstep Homeless Families Project
London, United Kingdom
Doorstep’s mission is to:
‘Provide homeless families, living in temporary accommodation in the London Borough of Camden, with access to services that make sure adults, children and young people all secure the emotional and practical support they require to underpin a good quality of life. To both create opportunities and to support families to make the best use of any opportunities which arise.’
Doorstep provides services to families who live in the two hostels above its premises and in other temporary accommodation in the area. Doorstep helps approximately 200-250 people each year by providing practical support such as:
- Play and creative activities for children.
- After -School Club
- Free laundry facilities
- Classes and information sessions for adults e.g Step to Employment Work Club
- Free gently used toys, books, clothes, baby equipment and household goods at our weekly bazaars
- Outings and special activities during the school holidays
- Healthy Snacks & Meals
- Food hampers and gifts at holiday time
- Doorstep is currently offering crèches and drop–ins, after school club, yoga, Work Club to improve employment prospects, laundry facilities & bazaars on Thursdays.
Contact us for more information about these services.
Registered Charity No. 1007692
You are viewing the text version of this site.
Need help? check the requirements page.